Indulging in chocolate does not necessarily mean eating unhealthily. In fact there are some studies that prove that chocolate is actually good for you. Learn the secrets behind why chocolate is actually good for women's health in particular.
Women more so than men are known for enjoying their chocolate. In fact they have been stereotyped to needing chocolate when they are upset, or being given it as a gift if their partner has done something wrong. What most people don't know is that chocolate is actually good for women's health. The next time you want to indulge in a piece of chocolate, remember these facts and you won't feel as guilty:
1. Mending a broken heart: chocolate is often a way to say sorry, but it is in fact also good for maintaining a healthy heart. Recent studies have proven that chocolate has cardiovascular benefits. Eating 2 servings of dark chocolate a week, can make the heart healthier and less at risk of heart failure. This is because dark chocolate has many antioxidants in that can reduce blood pressure.
2. Get rid of that extra weight: they say everything in moderation while dieting. Well the truth of the matter is increasing your intake of dark chocolate can actually help with weight loss. This does not mean that you can eat dark chocolate all day, every day but rather introduce it as a substitutes for sugar or salt cravings. A piece of dark chocolate will fill you up and conquer that craving without having to indulge in other bad foods.
3. Baby making material: dark chocolate that is consumed during pregnancy has shown that women were able to curb cravings more and had less mood swings. Some studies have even suggested that partaking in a bit of chocolate every now and then during the pregnancy actually creates happier babies.
4. Happiness is, chocolate: chocolate can even help to reduce stress levels. Instead of sitting there feeling like you are about to explode because there is just too much going on reach for a piece of chocolate, instead of a bat.
5. Brain power: there are many studies to show that eating dark chocolate can help you to concentrate. Due to chocolate being rich in flavanols it can help to increase your brain power. While studying indulge in some dark chocolate and nuts to help keep your brain at its optimal working power.
Whatever your reason for indulging in chocolate you can now feel at ease knowing that it is not all bad. Milk chocolate that is filled with sugar and other additives does not apply when trying to get health benefits from chocolate. Stick to chocolate that has 70% cocoa or more.
Spoiling your loved one is possible when you come to us at Chocoholic Impact. We have been making chocolate creations for a number of years out of all types of different chocolate. Regardless of whether you are looking for truffles or creative designs for your wedding cake, we are the company for you. Visit our website http://www.chocoholicimpact.co.za to view our services.